Men’s jewellery is no doubt less popular than jewellery designed for women, but this does not mean that men do not wear jewellery or that they have no need for it. A large chunk of the jewellery industry today gathers its revenue from the men section. Right from cufflinks, gold chains, rings, bracelets to even ear studs, men are wearing it all. Be it expensive gold jewellery or the cheaper silver one, the men section houses it all.
Let us take a look into how jewellery for men has come a full circle by assessing the various reasons as to why men wore these ornaments –
• Cosmetic enhancement – Just like women, men also wear jewellery items like jewellery rings or gold chains or even platinum bracelets in order to enhance their cosmetic appeal. Right from the time of ancient age’s man have worn these ornaments for bettering their appearance buy gold in dubai . Kings wore as much jewellery as the queens did, while the affluent followed suit by making ornaments likes rings, chains and even bracelets a part of their dress codes.
• Flaunting of wealth – Another purpose that jewellery served for both men and women was the ‘show off’ value that it offered. Gold jewellery held a special position since it was considered an expensive metal and this is also the reason why most precious gems were studded in this metal. Even today jewellery made from gold holds a special place of importance and boasts of a higher possession value.
• Weapon – Men’s jewellery often took on the form of a weapon too. The Sikh clan till today wears a particular bracelet that plays the part of a protection weapon. The crown of the king came into existence as a head protective gear. Chains of a particular type were also designed as a weapon of sorts. Many men even today wear jewellery that can be used as a form of a weapon.
• Marital Status- Much like women, jewellery rings are often worn by men in order to highlight their marital status. A man with a ring on his right hand ring finger is taken to be married or engaged. This is very common especially in the Western part of the world.
• Cosmic purposes – There are many cultures where men will wear jewellery in order to attract the right vibes from the universe. More often than not these ornaments are rings with particular type and size of gems studded in it, however, lockets and bracelets are also common in these cases. These cosmic ornaments are supposed to bring in luck and sometimes also good health.
When you are picking out a jewellery gift as a token of your love it is always a struggle deciding which piece she will find the most appealing. You would obviously want to get her a piece of jewellery that she’s going to enjoy wearing whether it’s for formal or daily wear. A jewellery pendant can be a great gift for any woman in your life whether it’s for a girlfriend, wife, daughter or just someone special. You might be wondering why you should select a jewellery pendant made out of Welsh gold.
Welsh gold is the rarest and most precious type of gold in the world. Unfortunately the supply is running out so you should invest in it while it is still readily available. Welsh gold is mined from the Snowdonia Mountains in Wales. If you are of Welsh heritage having a piece of Welsh gold is like owning a piece of Wales. The citizens of Wales take pride in wearing Welsh gold because it has been mined in their own country. In order to help you decide which pendant will be the most suitable jewellery gift, below are some helpful hints and suggestions. These guidelines are to help you pick out the best jewellery pendant made out of rare and precious Welsh gold.
Welsh gold pendants are offered in combinations of yellow and rose gold or silver and rose gold. The first step to picking out the right Jewellery pendant is to narrow down and choose which combination she will like better. If your loved one wears more silver and platinum jewellery it would be a good idea to go with the silver and yellow gold jewellery pendants. If the woman you are gifting this pendant to is your wife, your lover or sweetheart the Cariad collection is a great place to start.
In the Welsh language Cariad means sweetheart or beloved. You can choose from a silver heart shaped pendant which hangs from a rose gold bail that has Cariad inscribed on it. Wearing this jewellery pendant will remind your loved one of how special she is to you. The other silver and rose gold Cariad pendant is shaped into the word Cariad and has a small heart shape made out of rose gold above the i in Cariad. These jewellery pendants are simply one of a kind. If your beloved has a soft spot for pearls you could opt for a pearl drop jewellery pendant. This jewellery piece has a champagne colour pearl hanging from a woven string of tiny diamonds that leads up to a heart shaped out of rose gold.